Everyone needs to watch their cost of doing business and this is especially true if you are just starting out on your own or expanding into new markets. If you decide that you will be needing a physical office space then the next step is determining how much that office is going to cost you. If you look at the costs of owning or renting a traditional office then you must factor in expenses for:
Property acquisition, (either purchase or lease)
Property, Casualty, Liability insurance
Real Estate taxes
Equipment acquisition – copier, phone system, fax, scanner, postage meter and subsequent maintenance
Utilities – electric, water/sewer, trash pickup, Internet and deposits for same
Services – housekeeping, pest control, infrastructure repair
Kitchen/break room appliances, furnishing and subsequent maintenance
Personnel – lobby and reception.
And, whenever anything breaks or needs attention it’s all on you to make things right. Do you have the time or resources for that? Maintenance situations like air conditioning system repair is never inexpensive. However, all of these concerns and expenses go away when you rent an executive office suite. The executive office suite provider, such as Executive Suites at Lakewood Ranch, takes care of all of this for you.
Other benefits of an executive office suite include:
- Flexibility — Most providers do not require long-term agreements and it is usually easy to scale your operations up or down. Rental agreements for executive office suites average from one to 12 months.
• Services – Many plans offer shared services for all tenants in the establishment. For example, there may be a front desk receptionist for the entire building or floor. A daily postal and parcel service is commonly available.
• Networking opportunities – The shared executive office suite environment offers opportunities for networking with other tenants in the same building or floor. Some business centers specifically focus on inter-office networking and trading by offering related events and resources.
• Professional image – The executive office suite setup allows businesses to rent attractive professional office space at cost-effective rates. To set up similar office infrastructure independently might be too expensive for many small businesses.
• Time savings – Because the rental company takes care of all the maintenance tasks that concern the office building including cleaning, building repair, IT connections and administration, the tenant companies and organizations can concentrate their time and efforts more fully on their central focus and mission.
• Amenities – Among the amenities generally included or available at these executive office suites are parking space (possibly including covered parking), conference room facilities, break rooms, training rooms, video conference equipment, kitchen, restrooms, fax/scan/copy machines, lounge areas, waiting areas, postage metering, office assistant services, and on-site security services.
An executive office suite provides clients with the opportunity to conduct business in a professional manner and project the right image while saving money. For many smaller businesses, especially start-up companies, these setups offer a way of maintaining professional offices that would be too difficult to sustain independently while providing flexibility for up-sizing and downsizing.
Contact us at Executive Suites at Lakewood Ranch and discover how an executive office suite can best work for you.